Physiotherapist/Rehabilitation Consultant (South)
Based in southern Tasmania, Aleem Khalfan is an experienced Workplace Rehabilitation Consultant and practicing Physiotherapist.
Due to Aleem’s proactive approach and extensive clinical knowledge of physical injuries, expected timeframes for recovery and best practice treatments, Aleem consistently achieves positive and timely outcomes in workplace rehabilitation. Furthermore, he is well-versed in establishing rapport with treating medical practitioners and injured workers and uses his clinical experience to ensure a safe, timely and sustainable return to work. Aleem has an interest in early intervention and effective treatment of workplace injuries to ensure sustainable return to work.
Aleem also has extensive experience in delivering a range of physiotherapy services including development and implementation of musculoskeletal screenings, development and implementation of post operative knee and hip surgery protocols (ACL, knee and hip arthroscopy in particular), sporting team liaison, work experience/student liaison, research & development group, shoulder physiotherapy group, hip physiotherapy group, gym based physiotherapy group and clinical research.
Aleem provides the following services:
- Injury management
- Physiotherapy – Early intervention/workplace injuries/private patients
- Gym-based rehabilitation
- Pre-employment assessments
- Workplace assessments
- Activities of daily living assessments
- Job/task analysis
- Workstation assessments
Aleem’s relevant training and qualifications include:
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Human Biology/Sports Science); University of Canberra
- Masters of Physiotherapy; University of Canberra
- Masters in Sports Physiotherapy; La Trobe University
- Sports and Exercise Titled Physiotherapist; Australian Physiotherapy Association
Aleem is a member of the Australian Physiotherapy Association and Sports Medicine Australia.